I’ve written this tutorial for anyone who uses adobe premiere pro and wishes to find out the best way to compress a video with „Windows Media Video”.
I cover matters like what a few of the settings do as well as what bitrate to use with what resolution and frame rate and mean. Learn for yourself and have a read…
(maybe not you will need to copy and paste image url’s in to your browser)
Getting to Adobe Media Encoder
1. Render all unrendered footage for those who have not done thus in premiere pro
2. Now go, File >> Export >> Adobe Media Encoder
1. Select „Video” on the left hand side of this Adobe Media Encoder
2. Beneath Video, make sure…
1. Select „Audio” on the left hand side of this Adobe Media Encoder
2. Beneath Audio, make sure…
Select „Windows Media Audio 9.1” since the sound codec
Beneath Bitrate Settings, Select „2” encoding passes and make sure that the mode is „Constant”. This will make sure the sound quality stays the same the entire way through the video
Picture: fullvoltage.com.au/ /index.php?action=dlattach;subject=333.0;id=30;image
1. Select „Audiences” on the left hand side of this Adobe Media Encoder
3. Now, select your preferred frame rate, it is usually better to keep it in its original level. But, say you are original level is 50 frames a second, reduce it to 25. If you are choosing a small file, then you’d want to bring your fps down but 25 will always boost the footage since it will appear a lot smoother.
4. For Pixel Aspect Ratio, place it to however you are original footage is set. If you are editing footage shot on the computer, then square pixels will provide you the greatest results.
5. You need to fit them both up. In concept, for easy scenes like a close up of a human face „1 bit” per 200 pixels will provide good results,you might even need to try 250 pixels per bit. But with a more complex scene which includes maybe shrubs and scenery or a fast action video.etc, you’d want to target around „1 bit” per 100 pixels (no where over 140 pixels per bit). To work out thislook at the scenes on your video. If your scenes change a lot in terms of sophistication and colour, then you need lesser pixels per bit, this increases file size (or decrease image size) but will provide way better results otherwise. On the flip side, if you are video comprises long interviews with a background. Then the compressor will have the ability to produce results .
6. Currently, moving down to the basic sound preferences, if you are video contains a lot of sound and the audio is really important from the video. You then dont need to go under 96kb/s, but I usually like to utilize 160kb/s or 128kb/s as in the event that you compare the 160kb/s bitrate of the sound to the state 5000 bitrate of this video, you can see that the audio isn’t likely to impact file size much in this circumstance. . Utilize stereo if your audio differs from channel to channel (most audio does).
7. Back to the Video today, Set Decoder Complexity to Automobile
8. For key frame period, if you’ve got a high action video with complicated scenes, set this to around 2 or 1. On the flip side, if you haven’t so scenes like a meeting with a still desktopyou can increase up this .
10. Today, here is the good bit. Since on, we place a Video Encoding style with a variable but constrained bitrate to some Two pass encode. This means we can now give a maximum and average bitrate. It will use the maximum bitrate from the more complicated scenes and will use the bitrate for ordinary scenes. Setting is important. That is where we shove all our resolution along with other data, in to a tightly packaged file. Bits of data start oozing out the corners which is why it’s important to pack your movie but not too tight if you pack your file to tight. Let us say we’ve got a rather complex video that is paced with lots of scenes and different colors. We place our resolution with a frame rate of 25 to 1024×768 and we need quality, but a small file size.
Okay, let’s put what we learnt in to perform. Ok, we are given 786000 pixels by 1024 multiplied by 768. Meaning that every single frame will contain 786000 pixels. If our video is running at 25fps, that is 19.2 million pixels a second. The way compressors work, is they attempt to share and they search for similarities across frames the data. So that it needs to throw off a few pixels sometimes, when you place the bitrate too low, it just can’t deal with that info. The lower the bitrate, the more pixels get thrown around or ripped up.
11. Today, we have to place the bitrate. Seeing with our spectacle is fairly complicated, and we want quality, I think 130 pixels per bit will be OK. So, 786000 divide by 130. This provides us 6040 bits. 6000 bits a second is what we need. 6000’ll be place by us as 5000 and the summit as the typical. Now, 5000 bits a second will produce a fairly large file in terms of the world wide web, but remember, we are using a resolution of 1024×768 that is quite big in terms of the internet, but we need viewers to view „all” the work we have put in to it.
12. Now, once the bitrate is set, we’ve got our buffer size, the bigger your bit rate, the larger you want your buffer size. In this case, a buffer of 20/25 will probably be fine (buffer usually does not impact anything).
Picture: fullvoltage.com.au/ /index.php?action=dlattach;subject=333.0;id=31;image
1. Now, save the preset purchase hitting the floppy disc icon up the top of this Adobe Encoder Window. If you would like, but, before you do that, put a comment for the preset.
2. Now, hit OK in the bottom of the window that will then prompt you for a location to save it. Additionally, it will give an estimated file size based on your video span and you are summit data rate (for the the video and sound). But seeing we are currently using a variable bit rate, this quote is higher than the final result.
3. Let it render out, then enjoy.
TipsIt’s usually good to place your work place to a length of 5 minutes over a portion of your video, that you can do test leaves to find the bit rate that is best
You utilize a chip or a dual core processor and if you receive errors while exporting, visit this site. It might be a good idea to go to the website and receive the adobe media encoder, if you do not get this problem.
I hope you learnt something from this Smiley